Summer Events- 2009
July 29, 2009 | By Incuba8 |
We are proud to present Incuba8 2009(pronounced “Incubate”)! Local startup consultant Caryn Shick of Opportunity Analysts, LLC is teaming up with Midland Tomorrow, the Mid-Michigan Innovation Center,Northwood University- Alden B. Dow Creativity Center, and an array of entrepreneurs from all over the country to bring you a series of three entrepreneurial conferences that will guide you through the start-up process and help you launch your dream business. (Thank you sponsors!)
Come hear how Alex Lindahl founded www.collegemogul.com, and how a variety of other successful entrepreneurs have built their businesses from scratch. If you are serious about creating new revenue streams, launching a product, building an info site, or just developing a small source of automated income, Incuba8 will have something for you. Incuba8 will allow you the opportunity to develop your concept, create your vision, and launch your company from start to finish.
Below are the breakdowns of the events that will be held throughout August. If you are excited about pursuing your dreams, generating income, and want to learning how to navigate the startup process, register today!
Incuba8 is looking for:
- People with great business ideas
- Local inventors with that would like to be included in the area innovation showcase
- Business mentors and presenters with startup expertise
- Entrepreneurial support organizations that would like to be included in the organizational fair
- Too many great ideas sit without being pursued
- It is possible to do what you want and get paid
- There are many free resources waiting to be tapped into
- The entrepreneurial process is full of ambiguity and learning to navigate that ambiguity can be daunting on your own
Below are the events this summer. Come to the an individual event or the whole program!
Area Innovation Showcase – August 10th, 10:15- 11:30 am, Alden B. Dow Creativity Center, Midland, MI
- Meet the area’s most creative innovators, services providers , inventors, and product creators.
- Showcase your new invention or business idea to angel investors, customers, and other entrepreneurs at the first Area Innovation Showcase. REGISTER Here!
Concept Crafting Boot Camp – August 10-12th, Alden B. Dow Creativity Center, Midland, MI
- A workshop that helps you create a viable and feasible business proposal by helping you walk through the ideation process needed to outline your startup’s purpose, strategy, and revenue model. This workshop targets motivated entrepreneurs under 30.
- Suggested donation: $65 (scholarships available upon qualification). REGISTER Here!
Entrepreneurial and Social Entrepreneurial Meetup – August 12th, 7:00 pm, 2470 E NewCastle Ln, Midland
- A networking event creating connections among smart, driven people from all walks of life in Mid-Michigan to build a better community and world together.
- Suggested donation: $5
Mid Michigan Innovators Speakers Series, Alex Lindahl, Co-Founder of College Mogul – August 13th, 4:30 pm, The Sloan Building at Northwood University, Midland, MI
- Come hear a young entrepreneur share his journey of founding CollegeMogul.com and the Boston chapter of Ultra Light Startups. REGISTER FOR THE SPEAKER SERIES Here!
Business Launch Weekend – August 13-16th, The Sloan Building at Northwood University, Midland, MI
- Develop your own business concept with the help of our mentors and experts targeting motivated individuals under 30.
- Don’t have a business concept? Jump on board with some of the hottest new concepts in Michigan and contribute your talent to making them a reality. REGISTER Here!
Business Setup Conference – August 18th, 8:00 am-7 pm, Mid Michigan Innovation Center, Midland, MI
- Have all of your startup questions answered by the experts.
- This event is focused on walking startups through the organizational structure, legal & accounting setup, intellectual capital strategies, and licensing your idea.
- Attendees will receive instruction from Intellectual Property Specialists, Start-up Lawyers, Accounting Specialists and more.
- Suggested donation: $100. REGISTER FOR THE BUSINESS SETUP CONFERENCE Here!
If you or someone you know is interested or is considering a business start-up check out our website or contact Caryn Shick at [email protected] or 989-430-3518.