September 13, 2011 | By Incuba8 |
Follow TEDxMidland on FB or @TEDxMidland for further updates.
Come hear an array of incredible “Ideas Worth Spreading” at TEDxMidland at the Midland Center for the Arts. Registration is at 8am. Sessions run 8:45am – 4:30pm.
Thirteen ground-breaking visionaries, innovators, entrepreneurs and doers will gather to inspire, educate and create the opportunity for personal and professional reflection for the attendees.
TED (short for Technology, Entertainment and Design) is the foundation for the most revolutionary presentations in the world. TEDx events are independently and locally organized, and have become a global phenomenon – stretching from California to London to Dubai to South Korea, and everywhere in between.
Tickets are $40 and can be purchased at the Midland Center for the Arts Box Office:
BY PHONE: 989-631-8250 or 800-523-7649
IN PERSON: Midland Center for the Arts, 1801 W. St. Andrews Rd., Midland
* Ron Clark – Disney’s 2000 American Teacher of the Year, founder of the Ron Clark Academy, and the inspiration behind the film “The Ron Clark Story,” starring Matthew Perry.
* Dr. Marc Hardy – Author, actor, dramatist, speaker. Topic: “Sharing Fire: Using the Power of Personal Encouragement Philanthropy.” Director of Non-profit Executive Education at Notre Dame.
* Reed Shick– “Dreams of Technology: Problem-Solving through Sleep”
Former ICM for Core R&D at Dow Chemical. Founder of Intensify Solar. Inventor on 25 patents, some inspired through his dreams.
* Julie Maloney “Letting Go of Perfect.” Current Fortune 100 coach and kindle author of “The Blue Jean Manifesto”
* Andy Bacigalupo – “Chef Move to Schools” – Faculty at the Bay Arenac Career Center Culinary Program. Featured on the Dr. Oz show on healthy dieting and recognized program by the First Lady for his work fighting child obesity.
* Chip Reeves – “Learning through Serving” – Director of Discovery and Insight at Dow Corning’s Business and Technology Incubator.
* Dr. Karla Witzke- “Robotics in Medicine: Advancing Patient Care” – Urologist using the da Vinci Di Surgical System at MidMichigan Health.
* Dr. Ed Shaffer-“ Teaching Old Dogs New Tricks: Inventing in a Mature Industry” – Founder of Advanced Battery Concepts of inventor of revloutionary GreenSeal Technology that doubles the capacity and quadruples the life of lead-acid batteries.
* Ken Kousky- “Can Machines Teach People.” – CEO of the MidMichigan Innovation Center.
* Joe Wilkinson – “The Journey from Quiet Desperation to Joy and Beyond…” – Guide on the “Road to Nowhere” Tour
* Jeff Phillips- “Cartooning in the Classroom” – Professor at Northwood Unversity
* Rachel Rotay – A nine-year-old “coloratura soprano” singing sensation.
* John St. Augustine- Emcee – Award-winning radio host and author. Also was instrumental in launching the radio network “Oprah & Friends” and was the executive producer for the Dr. Oz Show